Frequent and incomplete u

I am an 18 year old female who is suffering from some discomfort in my urinary tract. In the middle of February I started having sensations of incomplete and frequent peeing going to the toilet more often than normal. I consumed a herbal Ayurvedic syrup for a few days and my discomfort stopped. The same problem started again in the month of March and April. I find that whenever I release vaginal fluids such as during menstruation or ovulation these urinary symptoms come again. In May I started to take antibiotic for the first time but it did not work and then I switched to taking cranberry and D mannose capsules. It worked to some extent as I could sleep reasonably well at night without having to urgently pee all the time. But when my periods started the symptoms are worse with more frequent and incomplete voiding. I have NO pain nor have I experienced bleeding. My urine is a healthy pale yellow color as I drink lot of water but the peeing is frequent and incomplete.

Doctor Answers (1) on Frequent and incomplete u

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
hello, there is no reason why being on a period should make you urinate as frequently as that, as the two things are not normally connected ( different parts of body and systems- urinary system vs female reproductive system). However you may suffer from cystitis or a urinary tract infection. Incomplete tretmant previously without antibiotics could be causing recurrence. drinking lots of cranberry juice helps if it is cystitis along with antibiotics is the complete treatment. Well there another chance,,Sometimes whilest on your period the urethra gets irritated by the blood and the fact thats its warms and moist down there not necessarily a UTI but the fact that it can give a slight "sting" or feeling of fullness when you aren't.This is normal. you shoud change your pad or tampon mor regularly as this can be a conributing factor. it may also be the brand you are buying that you allergic to and needs to try sumthing different.