Freq. urination (anal fis

Dear doctor, About 10 days back, I had to visit a Gastroenterologist in Mumbai for a problem of anal fissure. I was experiencing severe pain and burning during bovel movements, and in most cases, I couldn't pass stool because of the extreme pain. I was put on medication combination of Veloz, Sitcom, and Duphalac and recommended non-spicy diet with a lot of fruits intake. The situation is now better, although reductions in pain associated are very small and the overall process of healing is slow. How long is it expected to take for complete recovery? Additionally, during the last 5 days, I've been experiencing a problem of very frequent urination - about 3 to 4 times an hour. There is no associated pain or burning with urination. Each time, the urine is clear water with above average volume. Is this a symptom of anal fissure, or is this a separate issue for which I need to start medication? Your help is highly appreciated.

Doctor Answers (1) on Freq. urination (anal fis

Dr. Ravindra Gaadhe Ahmedabad | Gastroenterologist
For pain u can add anovate ointment for local application after passing stools twice a day. Keep stools lose by adjusting duphalac dose. For urine, it could be related to rainy season. If persist than get tested for it later. Healing may take 2 to 4 weeks and adherence to medicine is must. Even later on continue some medicine to prevent constipation