Fracture distal tibia

Hi I got comminuted fracture distal tibia on April 21 and doctor did surgery . It tibia interlock nail right and titanium nail. Now after 2 week of surgery doctor is going to put permanent plaster. Now my questions is about the complete healing time , diet to be followed and time to go back to the office. Regards Madhur

Doctor Answers (2) on Fracture distal tibia

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern and hope you are not in too much pain. Since the orthopaedic doctor is planning to put a plaster, he will tell you after how many days it should be removed. Till then the healing would be done so much so that you can continue doing your basic chores without putting too much stress on that leg. But the complete healing time for the bone will take upto 5-6 months. It's advised that you do basic excercises during that time to keep the leg and joint moving. Take a high calcium diet because calcium will be needed in healing. The doctor may prescribe a calcium supplement for you but if he doesn't also, take one glass of milk every night before bed. You can return to office once the plaster is removed but you shouldn't put too much stress on that leg. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there we understand your feeling and your condition and your pain too. Usually the fracture pain would take 2 months if time to regress and the nine will be ready for walking within that span of time. But the internal healing if nine would take around the.time of six months of time to heal totally. And there is no.problem if you go after the permanent plaster is removed. Thank you