Found Hb e trait

Recently after blood test it was found that my future partner has HB e trait while I have normal results.He has low MCV and MCH.Kindly let me know what implication it will have in my future marital life and during family planning.

Doctor Answers (1) on Found Hb e trait

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
I totally understand your concern.

HB e is one of the variant of hemoglobin that which is the component of the blood. Usually this occurs with the mutation in the genes and to be frank it is one of the rarest condition to be seen. Intact there nothing to be worried much as it won't have any effect on you marital life. And also since your genes are normal you don't need to worry about plan of having children. This only occurs if both the parents are having same HB e kind of genes. But your wife may face some problem with this condition like beta thalassemia which is partially possible so consult a doctor and sort it out first.
Take care
Thank you.