For speech therapy
My son is 3.5 year old.He understand things rarely & don't respond on our talks.he also don't speak clear words.is it symptoms of autism or slow growth problem please suggest what should I do??Also I want to know about self assessment for kid & how it's get perform

Check for poor Eye contact and Social mingling Repititive behaviours Bizzare behaviours These are common features of autism. Any way meet your pediatrician directly for basic screening and then referrals as required...
Child is not responding ur commands so 1st we have to check his hearing....so kindly get check at ENT specialist...if hearing imapaired then speech obviously delayed...
if hearing normal thwn start speech therapy
Consultation required with Pediatrician not pediatric neurologist/ developmental Pediatrician if available nearby.
At 3.5 years of age, child should follow the commands, respond to commands and speak 2-3 word sentences. Autism is wide spectrum of disease and it needs to be evaluated by experts like pediatric neurophysician .
As you mentioned, accordingly that yes this child should be evaluated and examine by pediatric neurophysician. No need to do self assessment. Consult expert and they will plan further management.
Developmental problems are to address early and should take proper treatment. That will give best outcome.