For eye transplant

My Grandma (60+ years old) has been blind for about one year now and wants to go eye transplant surgery. According to doctors back home her eyes functioning are completely destroyed (naturally destroyed) I wanted to know what is the best hospital in India or in Bangalore for eye transplant to get her vision back and how much would it cost ( approximately) so that we can make necessary arrangements before I ask her to come to Bangalore.

Doctor Answers (2) on For eye transplant

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Eye transplantation means corneal transplantation and is useful only for people with damaged cornea
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, eye transplantation is not eye transplantation itself ,it's corneal transplantation ,. If cornea is damaged there by affecting vision then opthalmologist take up for surgery ,if its is retinal or neuronal damage then doctor don't take it up for surgery . only extent of damage can be minimised and vision cannot be reversed in such condition. In Bangalore there is Narayana nethralaya , Bangalore eye hospital .