For baby feeding

My son is in 6th month ...I am giving motherfeed but I think it's not enough for him as he is crying and not sleeping well..pls suggest whether I can start giving fruits like banana apple etc...

Doctor Answers (1) on For baby feeding

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
There are many ways to introduce solid food. The first foods usually vary from culture to culture and from family to family. Start with foods that contain iron, which babies need for many different aspects of their development. Meat, poultry, cooked egg yolk and well-cooked legumes (beans, lentils, chick peas) are good sources of iron. Store-bought iron-fortified infant cereals such as rice or barley are also common first foods because they are good sources of iron. Healthy foods that your whole family is eating are the best choice for your baby. Make sure they are plain, with no added salt, sugar or spices. You can use commercial baby foods, but read the label to ensure there is no added salt or sugar.