Food habits

My son is 11month and 2 week old. His weight on 13 June was 8.65 kg. His birth weight was 3.25 kg. He is active throughout the day. And he is NOT a fussy eater. Now he can walk 8 to 10 step without support. And also can follow some simple instructions such as go there now my problem is whoever sees him will say he is too lean and looks weak. My in law suggests me to force feed him. She says that the babies cannot sense whether they are full or not. So we have to force feed him. Is that true? Is my son growing normal? How can I identify if he's malnourished? What fruits and vegetables can I give him now? Which fruit do I need to cook and which can I give raw? Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Food habits

He should triple his birth weight at 1yr. Since he is 8.65, he is OK in his weight. Don't worry about what others say, but you have to feed him properly now. Because, weight gain happens maximum in initial 2to3yrs. You can feed him what ever you people eat. No restrictions on items to be fed. All the fruits can be given raw.