Flu effects hiv result?

Hi there, l recently had a cold/flu that had me on bed for 3 days. i recovered by Saturday. Sunday gained strength and today (Monday) when I went for my hiv 1&2 test. Do you think this will effect the outcome of my report? Will a non reactive/negative report can come positive because of this?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You are just being a little too anxious. No need to worry. Flu or anything else doesn't affect the result of the HIV test. If you have HIV , it will come as positive and if you don't have, it will come as non reactive. Having flu doesn't cause the hiv test to become false positive. Kindly consult a general physician in person for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear, A positivity of HiV cannot be altered by fever or cold. However it can alter some CD4 results in a HIV positive patient .