cancer-icon

Fibrodenoma

I have Fibrodenoma and the report also says hypo echoic lesions. Doc says not to worry but when I googled about it, it says it may be potential malignant tumour eventually. Is it true. I want to know about it clearly

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You see, this type of a swelling is called a breast mice, it's there but doesn't cause harm as such. And also it moves inside the breast. What your doctor has said is correct. You can leave it in without worrying about it much, but doesn't mean you should completely forget about it. You should keep a watch on it for changes such as size change, pain etc. And a regular breast examination is also essential. If you don't want it to be there, you can get it removed, no problems with that. Cryoablation is one way of getting it removed and the benefit is that it's a minimally invasive procedure. Talk to your surgeon about it. If you are very scared and uncomfortable about it, get it removed to be on a safer side. Regards