Feet get numb

My extremities are always cold. This situation has been there from my childhood. Recently my left foot went numb for some time. I had no injury and I am not diabetic. Should I go see a doctor about this?

Doctor Answers (2) on Feet get numb

Dr. Amit Vora Thane | Homeopath
Hello , If you are facing this numbness issue again and again and if it is there since a long time ,yes definitely you need to go to a doctor and get it diagnosed
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Raynaud's disease is a common condition that affects blood supply to parts of the body, particularly the fingers and toes.
Raynaud's is usually triggered by cold weather, anxiety or stress. Blood vessels go into a temporary spasm which blocks the flow of blood. Affected areas turn white, then blue and finally change to red as the blood flow returns.
Symptoms include pain, numbness and pins and needles.
The symptoms can be controlled by techniques such as avoiding cold temperatures and wearing gloves...other causes may be side effects of hypertension Medications, hypothyroidism etc...Consult nearest physician he will guide you further
Regards