Feeling embrassed
I'm obese and i badly wish to reduce. I need to munch something every now and then. How much i resist myself from hogging, its not happening. I feel ashamed and embrassed about myself at my workplace and in my family. What should i do?

Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Obesity is as much a disorder of behavioural dyscontrol as it is of appetite and metabolism. You need to see a dietician to learn more healthy and low calorie food to munch on. Also you need to tweak up your exercise to burn extra calories. Find a buddy to work out with, have short term goals . All these will keep the motivation going.