Feeling depressed

I love maths and I'm a above average student.Till my graduation I had performed well in my studies.Currently I'm pursuing post graduation in maths in one of the reputed university.Don't know what happened to me I'm not able to remember things related to studies.I'm not able to understand things properly.In first two semesters I failed in two subjects. I entered into this university with lot many dreams and started working for that from the first day itself.Don't know what's going on I'm not able to perform well in my exams. I went to councillor for help,but nothing worked.Now I'm one of the duller in my class.I couldn't even still believe that I failed in 2 subjects.I'll focus completely will studying but don't know why my mind will get switched off during exams.I can't even recollect the things while writing.For that I started doing meditation again it didn't worked.Now I completely lost interest in maths .I feel like I'm lost completely and can't achieve anything.Please help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Feeling depressed

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, One can solve the problem only if you tell the reason. Psychiatrist can give solution for depression but reason is required. Unfortunately you don't know why all these are happening in your life . You are still in shock with surprise. This happens for some students who select reputed institution like IIT ,JEE .. Because we live small environment where we always top. But world is not the same , sudden exposure to bigger task person finds difficult to accomplish and he may fail . One must accept the fact and his limitations so that he can improve it day by day. Negative thoughts demotivate you further . Instead think positively no matter what happens. Try to improve yourself day by day. It's not one day process ,you must have patience and perseverance.