Face pink birthmark

Hello Doctor, I've pink color birth mark on my right cheek. Would like to know it's removal procedure and cost involved in this. And where can I get more information on this. Also which doctor / cosmetic surgeon I should consult in bangalore and will this be involved in my medical insurance?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Firstly, this appears to be a cosmetic issue. Thus to the best of my knowledge this will not be covered by insurance companies. I feel this could be tackled by laser treatment and if that fails you may consider surgery. Laser best suited for this would be a pulse dye laser but due to it's prohibitive cost, very few people in the country have it. However, other lasers could be used almost as efficiently to get rid of this. You could see any dermatologist who does laser therapy or come down to me for a consultation to discuss therapy further. Hope this helps