Face becoming dry and red

Hi , My self am Ravi .. Usually after bath my face becomes red at some places and becomes normal after a while (I had pimples previously ).. But now my face becomes very dry and full face is red .. After applying moisturizer or Vaseline , I feel itchy on face .. Please help me to overcome this .. Thanks in advance

Doctor Answers (1) on Face becoming dry and red

Dr. Rasya Dixit Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi You seem to be having dry skin as you may still be using products like face wash etc for acne prone skin. Please change your face wash to a ph balanced face wash for dry to normal skin. also start using a good moisturiser lotion containing hyaluronic acid which can soothe the skin and reduce redness and dryness. Also use a lotion based sunscreen twice a day. Frequently washing face is not advice. Please include lots of fish and almonds in your diet. if redness or dryness persists or increases you may need to see a dermatologist to rule out rosacea.