Eyelid swelling

I get recurrent styes. but yesterday a white round pus filled cavity was on my upper eyelid which is now transferred to the lower eyelid with lower eyelid swelling. everytime i wash my face the white thing comes off and then forms back again! what to do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Eyelid swelling

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello This seems to be lid infection 1. Hot fomentation 2. Apply antibiotic ointment on lid margins 3. Take oral antibiotic Try to squeeze out pus...healing will be much faster If it doesn't help consult local opthalmologist
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Keep the area around your eye clean at all times. Since the main reason that styes develop in the first place is due to uncleanness around the eye area, Cleansing your eye with Q-tips on the upper and lower lashes with a dab of Johnson’s Baby Shampoo and warm water is a great way to disinfect the area and keep it clean. Avoid touching your eye with your fingers or hands. Your hands and fingers touch a lot of objects and items throughout your house which carry germs and bacteria.Apply warm tea bags or a warm compress to affected styes to aid in the healing process.For recurring styes, see a doctor and consult with him about what might be causing them to return. Oftentimes, it is something you are doing that could be corrected by practicing better hygiene. There may also be anti-biotic creams and ointments that a doctor can prescribe to aid the healing and avoid furtherrecurring styes. If you wear eye makeup, consider throwing away all of your old eye shadow compacts and buying new ones. And even your contact lenses or glass (if any).