Eye vision problem
Finding difficult to read. Diabetic for last 18 years. Now I am 53years. Eye doctors not suggested any lens or medicines but to control sugar level. Need your advice please.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

There are many factors which can cause difficulty in reading 1. Refraction errors are one 2. Retinopathy is another From what you have written I assume that your problem is retinopathy Glasses are for errors of refraction So Your doctor has not prescribed it for you
Dr. Hithysh BM
Hello most probably diabetic retinopathy should be ruled out and main mode for the treatment is to control blood sugar levels avoid carbohydrates in diet and should go for walk daily you should follow diabetic diet consult physician and dietitian for further evaluation and treatment I hope this helps to solve your problem.