Eye retina damage

Sir, my father is on dialysis from last 2 months. But from last 2 week they have vision loss. After consult with retina doctor they told us that there right eye retina is damage completely and in left eye nerve swelling is there and both eye vision is not corrected by any means. My father is suffring from high b.p and diabeties but both are in control. I want to know that is there any way there eye damage is repair.
views-icons 53 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Eye retina damage

Dr. Nandini Chandak Kolkata | Cataract and Refractive Surgeon
Vision loss in Diabetic and hypertensive patients can be due to retinal damage due to ischeamic neuropathy. If you could provide the details of the eye examination with investigation including OCT-Macula would be helpful to suggest further course of treatment
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello 1. I am sorry but if retina is damaged completely then there is no hope 2. In other eye there is swelling of optic nerve.... Optic nerve swelling in diabetic and hypertensive patient suggests ischaemic optic neuropathy. Some patients with neuropathy improve provided retina is OK Can you please send me his medical records for better understanding