there are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation and dry eyes etc.
1. Redness + itching: allergy
2. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision: infection
3. Redness + pain: inflammation
4. Redness foreign body sensation: dryness
if there is only redness then it is normal as slight exposure to dust, temperature or air or eyes may be red in morning. Stress may also cause redness. I usually do not treat when there is only redness, you can 1. Blink a lot
2. Wash eyes with fresh water
3. Cold compresses
4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel these measures will help to keep your eyes healthy but it will not have any effect on redness (treating general redness alone is not necessary also)
having said that you should consult local ophthalmologist for proper examination and treatment
Some of the common causes of red eye are ..strain, lack of sleep, conjunctivitis, allegic reaction, sunlight, foreing body etc..we need history about how it all started and also need to examine it so that I can come to a diagnosis...thank you
meet an ophthalmologist
use sunglasses...avoid going out in sunlight mid afternoon...
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.