Eye donation information
Can a living adult person of age between 25 to 30 yrs donate his/her eyes to a blind child of age between 8 to 10 years? Is that possible? If not then why?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello Legally it is impossible If you have any person who needs eye transplantation, you can refer that child to LV prasad eye hospital Hyderabad
Dr. Pranav Dave
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 11 yrs exp Surat

I can understand your emotions but here are some facts which you need to understand : 1. We can not replace someone's eye as a whole. To be simplified we can not put someone's whole eye in place of other's eye. 2. Whenever we get an eye donation, normally we use its cornea for replacing other patient's opacified cornea. It is called corneal transplantation. 3.If some one has only corneal problem (that means he doesn't have any other cause of blindness) which leads to blindness in him, we can treat it with donor corneal transplantation. I hope I am clear enough.