Eye consult

Hello Doctor, I tested my mom eye in Titan eye plus and they confirm its +2 in both and suggest for progressive lenses and I made half payment. Few days back we had our family health checkups and found my moms eye prescription was +1.50. I consulted with titan eye plus and they confirmed 0.50 difference is normal. Please suggest 1) Is it good to wear progressive glasses or Normal glasses for reading is best? 2) Such difference of 0.50 is normal? Kindly suggest. Mohit

Doctor Answers (2) on Eye consult

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello 1. This difference in power is due to change in distance at which near vision examination was done...your mother can try both powers and whichever is comfortable for her...that can be used 2. You need not to waste money on progressive lenses....her just need glasses for near work. . A simple frame with simple near vision glasses will work...that will cost you around 500rupees.
Dr. Pranav Dave Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
At the age of 53, +1.50 for near  vision is correct addition. However with +2.00 power only thing changes is the distance for reading. She has to keep things a little closure to read. But you better go with +1.50 glass. Here i think if she is a housewife then progressive is not much of value.