Eye allergy

Sir, i have been suffering from eye allergy vernal keratoconjuctivitis  for 6 years. Is this disease treatable or not In any branch of medical science? Please suggest some doctor. I have thick discharge coming out from my eyes what should i do to get rid of this?

Doctor Answers (1) on Eye allergy

Dr. Rahul Jain Bangalore | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello

First thing you should understand and accept yourself is that we can control allergies but probably not all allergies are curable.

You can meet an allergy specialist at an allergy center and see if the doctor can find out what you may be allergic to.

If found out then we can give some treatment and desensitize you to that particular allergy.

But I must say its rather difficult to cure allergies and you have to keep taking treatment for eye problem every now and then when you get VKC.

With growing age the same may come down.

With regards to eyes, meet a cornea specialist who can treat you well as there are many options for treatment of VKC now a days.

Hope this helps you.