Excessive sweating

I sweat a lot. I believe this condition is called 'Hyperhidrosis', My friend who is studying to be a doctor told me. Is it curable? It has been there since birth, and not getting better or worse. Please suggest what needs to be done. Thank you for your time.
views-icons 160 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive sweating

doctor profile image
Dr. Rajdeep
8 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dermatologist

INR 400 for 24 hrs

There are treatment options available for this. But nothing like a cure. Sweating in the hands and armpits can be treated with botox. Solutions like aluminium chloralhydrate can be used to decrease the sweating. There are also procedures like iontophoresis for hands and feet. Medications can be used to decrease sweating associated with anxiety but do not affect the basal sweating much. You can learn to manage this condition so that it doesn't affect your daily activities. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?