Excessive Overbite

I have been told that I have a problem of overbite and that many of my tooth have almost no enamel left. It has been advised that the correction would require capping of all the teeth and may also require root canal of some of them. I would like to consult a specialist but I am not sure as to which Doctor to approach.

Dr. Kayannush K. Dadachanji
Implantologist 13 yrs exp Mumbai

The condition you describe is because of worn out teeth. The treatment suggested is called Full Mouth Rehabilitation. The specialist for this treatment is a Prosthodontist - We specialise in crowning of the teeth. I will also suggest that you first identify the reason why your teeth have been ground and get that also treated. Also after your treatment use a night guard as you most likely are grinding your teeth at night.
Dr. Ajit Singh Vasan
Dentist 21 yrs exp Mumbai
As you are describing your problem , it seems your bite has collapsed. In such a case , as suggested by your dentist , you may have to undergo root canal of a few teeth and may be capping of a few of them or in severe case all of them. The best decision can be taken by the examining dentist. You can go to an endodontist or prosthodontist but even a general dentist with a decent experience should be able to handle your case.