Erythema nodosum

Mam can u plz help me by knowing which type of dermatologists should i consult for erythema nodosum...i will be highly obliged... and at last do u treat such patients.

Dr. Rajdeep

Any dermatologist should be able to treat you. Erythema nodosum is a self resolving condition. You will need medicines to help you with the pain in the lesions of your skin or joint pains if you have any. It is important to rule out certain major illnesses that can be associated with erythema nodosum by performing certain investigations (blood and urine tests). If there is not identifiable cause we treat the patient symptomatically with anti inflammatory medicines. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to resolve. I do treat patients with erythema nodosum. You may visit me or any dermatologist of your choice for the same. I would first like to rule out any associated causing before putting you on symptomatic treatment. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore