Epilepsy Like as Sizzer

I am GULNAWAZ AKHTAR. I am taking VALPROL-CR 500(Morning & Evening) since 2009 but Doctor there is a problem that the attack came in 2011 once more after that when i taken medicine regular continue than in the past 5 year there not a single attack occurred so once again I consulted with my doctor, nd he said if in the past 5 year no attack came than we are going to close the medicine and he slowly slowly started to decrease the power(mg) of the medicine and on 21-03-2016 he said and wrote me "Valprol-CR 200" morning and evening nd i was taking this medicine 200mg morning and evening but Last night once again after 2011 attack occurred, this attack was occurred after so long time so plz suggest me what should i have to do? NOTE :- My EEG is normal

Doctor Answers (2) on Epilepsy Like as Sizzer

Epilepsy can be controlled with medication but there is no cure in majority of cases. In quite good number of cases it undergoes suppression in 3 to 5 years. There are some epileptic syndromes like JME where life time medication may be required. As you were asymptomatic for 5 years your medication was probably tapered. Don't worry consult you doctor for further management and follow his advice.
Dr. Raghavendra Reddy Hyderabad | Consultant Physician
Hi dont panic sometimes it happens but if your anxious than episodes recurence chances will be higher . sometimes medicines needs to be continued for long time so please consult the same doctor as he konows your case better.
dose needs to be increased as per your Bmi.