Enlarged utreus

Dr My mother had non stopping bleeding for about 15 days. As abonormal we consulted a doctor who requested for ultradound scanning.result is enlarged utreus and mulitiple fibroid.they asked to have dnc asap. While we are heading back to our home to fetch my cards and documents we consulted another doctor gynagolgy itself and asked to scan again because when ahe gone through report felt that instead of dnc it is better to remove uterus.but on detailed body diagonis by doctor felt that uterus seems to normal because my mothers tummy was okay. We are in great sort of confusion .pls advice what should be done

Doctor Answers (1) on Enlarged utreus

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... If she had completed her family, hysterectomy (removal of uterus) solves problem once for all... As per your history, condition might not require hysterectomy... Dilatation and curettage is minor procedure go for it ... If there is non stop bleeding even after that hysterectomy can be done..