Hi,I was diagnosed with endometriocysts of 4 cm on both the ovaries and undergone to laproscopy,but while doing the lap doctor abserved that there is some thing messy in my abdomin and suggested me to go for the anti tuberculosis treatment.but all the reports were negative but still taking the TB tablets since 9 months.So now i am planning for pregnency.can i get pregnancy with these complications?or do i need to go for another laproscopy?since my cysts are still there.

Doctor Answers (1) on Endometriocysts

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, madam, without seeing your lab and laproscopy reports it's hard to tell why you are on antitubercular drugs and how long you should take this. If you have tuberculosis what you need to know is, Untreated tuberculosis in pregnancy poses a significant threat to the mother, fetus and family. Adherence to treatment is especially difficult in pregnancy because of the general fear of any medication and pregnancy-related nausea. Supervising treatment Is necessary . All 4 first line drugs [isoniazid, rifampicin (rifampin), ethambutol and pyrazinamide] have an excellent safety record in pregnancy and are not associated with human fetal malformations. And coming to endometriosis, Endometriosis is a common gynaecological problem. It does not necessarily cause infertility or pain. Minimal to mild endometriosis is common and it is far more likely that you will have no difficulty conceiving naturally. With increasing severity of endometriosis, scar tissue (adhesions) becomes more common and the chance of natural conception decreases. There is an association between infertility and endometriosis, but cause has not been fully established. Even with severe endometriosis, natural conception is still possible.