chest-icon

Empyema thorasis left sid

Recently my brother diagnosed Empyema thorasis in left side of thorex, he had 6 month long history of cough and off and on fever with wt loss. Initially he was diagnosed chest TB and on anti tubercular drugs from 2 month.Now my physician told me that he had empyema and it has very bad prognosis. So please help me.

Dr. Hari Om Gupta
Thoracic (Chest) Surgeon 10 yrs exp Lucknow
As u said that ur physician diagnosed ur brother a case of Empyema thoracic with bad prognosis. I just want to say that this disease is treatable now with surgery ( decartication ) with anti tubercular course, but though disease is bad so u may require loss of passions and time to recovery from the disease. Decartication (a major surgery, can do only on surgically fit pt's) have inharently increased surgical risk. So it is good to eighter contact a compitant thoracic surgeon for proper treatment or consult me also.