Elbow pain

I had pain in my elbow since a month so i visited a doctor who said that there is a muscle tear and i can be healed in 2 ways either by a steroid or plaster and because of my work i can't take plaster so for 2nd opinion i visited another Dr. and he suggested a steroid or physiotherapy... so what should i do ? Are steroids safe ? I have attached the steroid's name...

Doctor Answers (1) on Elbow pain

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone acetate) is an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid used to treat pain and swelling that occurs with arthritis and other joint disorders, and many other diseases too. . Common side effects of Depo-Medrol include nausea, vomiting, heartburn, headache, dizziness, trouble sleeping, appetite changes, increased sweating, acne, or pain/redness/swelling at the injection site. Depo-Medrol may also cause a rise in blood sugar, and it may lower your ability to fight infections. If you take it for short duration and with low dose (as needed) can decreases the side-effects.