Edema in SI joint

I am suffering with a persistent injury that I have picked up in Gym in Sept 2014. It has affected my lifestyle. I have a constant disturbance near the left SI joint which doesn't let me sit for long durations and certain positions. I have seen many orthopaeds, neurologists and an rheumatologist to no use. Plz suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Edema in SI joint

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Use proper body mechanics: Stand smart. Maintain a neutral pelvic position. If you must stand for long periods, place one foot on a low footstool to take some of the load off your lower back. Alternate feet. Good posture can reduce the stress on back muscles..... Sit smart. Choose a seat with good lower back support, armrests and a swivel base. Consider placing a pillow or rolled towel in the small of your back to maintain its normal curve. Keep your knees and hips level. Change your position frequently, at least every half-hour..... Lift smart. Avoid heavy lifting, if possible, but if you must lift something heavy, let your legs do the work. Keep your back straight — no twisting — and bend only at the knees. Hold the load close to your body. Find a lifting partner if the object is heavy or awkward.....