Eczema IGE Value of 4,500

My son 11 1/2 years old, 27kg with Eczema, rashes on fingers and been under weight from Infancy. These are the only symptoms. RAST results showed Severe Dust and moderate foods allergies with IGE value of 4,500. ALCAT/ white blood cell test shows mild food allergies. IGA, IGG, IGM etc and genetic testing results are normal. Please advise how to bring the IGE value to normal.

Doctor Answers (1) on Eczema IGE Value of 4,500

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, I understand your concerns towards your child. But allergy is such a condition has medications only when it has flared up by it do not have medications to prevent it. We follow only wait and watch phenomenon untill it comes down we need to keep the boy on anti allergic medications. It may take various time span to control. But actually there is way to get down the huge levels by a injection bit thag is only used in allergic asthma and it is way costly. You cam consult regarding this with your doctor. Thank you