Ears are blocked for long

Ears are blocked from past 3 weeks and don't have cough or blocked nose, going on height like in flight ears hurts. I'm suspicious on two actiivities, I cleared my ears and might have done it rough or might be because of dirty swimming pool water. Don't know how serious it is should I get it checked or it will get cured on it's own over the period of time.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ears are blocked for long

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, If your ears are plugged, try swallowing, yawning or chewing sugar-free gum to open your eustachian tubes. If this doesn't work, take a deep breath and try to blow out of your nose gently while pinching your nostrils closed and keeping your mouth shut. If you hear a popping noise, you know you have succeeded.Injury to ear while cleaning causes ear pain which is not there in your case . Swimming could be the cause .consult ENT specialist if above precedure doesnot work ,it has been 3 weeks already.