Early Pregnency

Hello all As my wife is pregnent so on 44th day we had a ultrasound in which fotus heart beat is still not detected... is it normal ? And pl le me know what r causes ? And what is normal time period where baby heart beat gEts detected or occurs

Doctor Answers (1) on Early Pregnency

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Heart beat usually comes around 7th week that is approximately 48-52 days. You should have attached the ultrasound reports so that we could have looked at the crown-rump length measurement. If the crown-rump length measurement corresponds to the 7th week , then repeat the scan again. If there is no heart beat on 2 different occasions with crown-rump measurement corresponding to 7th week or more then you need to consult your obstetrician ASAP. if the Crown-rump length is not yet reached 7th week, then you need to wait. In any case it would be better to consult a obstetrician in person. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.