Early pregnancy

From today's date I'll have 8weeks pregnancy but fetus can't be seen after scanning doc said. My gestational sac is well seen doc said but no fetus is seen. What is the cause and what is the remedy

Doctor Answers (1) on Early pregnancy

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, 8week scan is,, 1) “dating scan” can access gestational age.2)if a mother is bleeding, the ultrasound can help determine the cause 3) an ultrasound can confirm the presence of multiple pregnancies .4) the 8 week ultrasound can check the size of the embryo, and confirm that there is a heartbeat 5). an ultrasound can determine the health of the ovaries and fallopian tubes .6) an ultrasound can rule out an ectopic pregnancy or other problems. After the completion of 8 weeks, the baby already has tiny arms and legs, as well as buds where the hands and feet will be. It’s about 18 mm in length, the face is starting to take shape, and the internal organs are forming. The heart is already beating. There is even a tiny mouth, nostrils, tooth buds, and the beginning of eyes. The baby is moving quite a bit already, though mom can’t feel it yet. So if you have scan at 8 weeks you only see gestational sac or also called embryo (very premature fetus), only thing you need to see is whether there is cardiac activity in that gestational sac,, if there is cardiac activity then no need to worry, your baby is growing. It's only from 9 weeks onwards you see tiny human like thing in scan.