Earliest I can smoke

I have under gone a oral surgery on 11/05/2016 A teeth was extrated above my tooths in horizontally position Can I was smoke My body need smoke Can anyone tell me the saves way to smoke Is it save to smoke while covering the operated area by wet cotton

Doctor Answers (3) on Earliest I can smoke

hello, smoking should be strictly avoided during oral surgical procedures as it slow down healing process. so stay away from it and stay healthy. however if it may be dire need of tobacco taste then you may opt for certain chewing gum which taste like nicotine. you can ask your doctor how to use it if at all necessary. best to avoid any such thing till complete healing. also do betadine gargle for better healing.
Hi..don't smoke for four to five days following extraction. Regards
Actually its a wrong question to ask a Dr. No body will suggest you to smoke, but still its recommended not to smoke till the wound gets healed. And if also use chlorhexidine mouth wash prior and post smoking.