Dysphagia , Dysarthria

I have swallowing problem in food and liquid. I have also a problem dysarthria means problem in speaking. My speech is not clear. I have also weakness in my body. I feel that my body has not any energy or stamina. When I walk my body does not balance. I have problem in my hands. When I pick any object I can't grip on that object. My body muscles are became stiff and I am unable to do something.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dysphagia , Dysarthria

Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello, Sorry to hear this. It seems that your lower cranial nerves which supply your voice box and muscles for swallowing are affected.Along with this there appears to be involvement of cerebellar system which is involved in maintaining balance.Stiffness and weakness of grip is due to involvement of the corticospinal tracts. Do you have hearing loss in any particular ear? Please get an MRI of the brain with contrast as it may help in pinpointing the exact problem. Please share the report once it's done and we can discuss this further. Wishing you a speedy recovery.