Dysmenhorrhea

Dysmenorrhea since 6years.Retroverted uterus.7.0cm in long axis and 3.2cm in thickness.No focal myometrical lesion.endometrial cavity normal.Cervix normal.ovaries normal in size/volume.No abnormal cystic lesion.No collection in cup de sac.Endometial thickness within lim it. Hi,I am suffering from dysmenorrhea since last 6years.I have consulted to a gynecologist and he prescribed ultrasound pelvis,above mentioned is the report.Gyno prescribed tablet Yasmin,/yamini for 3months, I have complete d the course,while taking the pills there was no period cramp.As I stopped after 3months it again started.I am having painkillers since 6years continuously.My period cycle is normal, 28 days.pain in lower abdomen on the first day of periods, last whole day.

Doctor Answers (2) on Dysmenhorrhea

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Your Dysmenorrhoea  is a sign of underlying  hormone  imbalance  which can be reversed by healing  the body. Yasmin can only mask your symptoms.If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your query regarding dysmenorrhea.

Primary dysmenorrhea is a condition, with pain in the abdomen since the onset of menarche. The retroverted uterus could be a cause of congestive dysmenorrhea ,  but as it gets well with OC pills the cause is likely to be something different. Pain on the first day of the cycle is associated with ovulation, and is normal for most women.
Please note:
1. Progressively increasing degree of pain in successive cycles without pills or change in menstrual cycles.
2. Degree of pain.
3. Associated past history of fever,vaginal discharge, which could explain an old pelvic inflammatory disease and the uterine retroversion.
4. History of TB and TB contact.
5. Most primary dysmenorrhea tends to improve after childbirth.

If pain doesn't improve on treatment or you have difficulty in conceiving further investigation like a Diagnostic laparoscopy is needed.

Regards,
Aditi