Dupuytren's contracture

My dad gradually affected with Dupuytren's contracture in his right hand , it has affected small finger he could not strigh it now. The same symptom is there in other hand as well but yet to affect the fingers. I have come accross several articles on this deases and treatment practices, I just want to know the doctors who perform non surgical practices to create this problem and know if they have treated this before successfully.
views-icons 11 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Dupuytren's contracture

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....The condition affects a layer of tissue that lies under the skin of palm.Dupuytren's contracture mainly affects the ring finger.its most commonly associated with diabetes,even in smoking and alcoholics... Surgery is not a major one ... Doctor give anesthesia and release the tension in cord ... Injecting a type of enzyme into the taut cord palm can soften and weaken it,but its all painful procedure with no specificity.