Dull skin

I have developed dull skin during my pregnancy on my face and neck. It has become dark and patchy. It has been two months since I have delivered and I would like to get back to my pre pregnancy glow. Also suggest good face wash and face creme to use daily. My skin is normal.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dull skin

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
I cannot recommend any product over another. If you need medicated products you will need to visit a dermatologist near you for a prescription. The skin usually becomes darker after pregnancy. The darkness is more on body folds. Another possibility is acanthosis nigricans. It is a condition where the body folds get very thick and dark skin (neck, armpit, thigh folds etc). Acanthosis nigricans occurs if you have gained too much weight or if you have it in your family. This will again need treatment from a dermatologist. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore