Dry throat and burning
I woke up midnight with a burning throat from inside. Feels throat and tongue got dried up and something stuck in throat. Please suggest I should consult with gastro or ent?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

your complaints are suggestive of reflux laryngopharyngitis  which occurs secondary to reflux of gastric acid into your throat. if its occurring for long time then you need to undergo complete evaluation which includes endoscopy. if your symptoms are acute and lasting for only few days then you need to take anti reflux medications for few days. consult ENT specialist for your symptoms and specialist will refer you to gastro if required
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
You could drop in to my clinic for a full evaluation. From your history, I concur with Dr Vinod Bhat that your seem to be suffering from Reflux Esophagopharyngitis. This is a condition best treated by an ENT Surgeon. I will need to examine you to find out why you are suffering from this condition. -Dr Gladson Guddappa Uchil Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar