Doubts of danger and illn

Hi Dr , I m facing problem of ocd . I felt very irritating with persons who have skin problems(like white spots on skin, sorisys etc...). When I see them I get vvvvvv uncomfortable. I feel I or my family may get infection from them.and I know that is not transferable but still :(:(. Plz help

Doctor Answers (1) on Doubts of danger and illn

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a mental illness characterised by thoughts that are repetitive to the extent that they cause distress to the person and temporarily relieved by some action on the person's part e.g. washing hands. The thoughts may seem illogical but persist despite this. If these thoughts occupy a lot of your time or are causing disruption in your normal functioning it would be advisable to visit a Psychiatrist to get evaluated for the same. Treatment may include medication and behaviour therapy.