Doubt about the Low BP

My Friends Grandfather is a retired Army Doctor, & he is 82 years old. One day i asked him for how do i increase my pressure as i'am suffering from LOW BLOOD PRESSURE (LOW BP). Than he suggested me to drink COCA COLA/PEPSI & mix it with GLUCOSE/GLUCON D, now i'am in doubt wheter is it correct for me to take that PEPSI+GLUCOSE solution ! Is it safe to take that ? Will it increase my low BP ? He also suggested me to eat a lot ? Since he is very old i doubt what he said Correct ! Plz, help me if i'am safe to take PEPSI+GLUCOSE & if it really helps ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Doubt about the Low BP

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You havent mentioned your height , weight and blood pressure recordings. So we cannot be certain whether you really need any medical help or not. I wouldnt suggest you drink any carbonated drinks. Its true in a way that colas have a lot of sugar in them already and if you add glucose powder to it, that will increase the sugar even more so its a junk food, it will make you fat and predispose you to hypertension. Hypertension is High B.P. its not good. Consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Sagar Sharma
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Consultant Physician
You have not mentioned your BP...  BUT it is sure, don't take cold drink with sugar or alone.. NOT RECOMMEND..   maintain a healthy lifestyle. And balanced diet with more of fruits and vegetables..  Fore more information, consult a good physician. Regards. Dr sagar sharma Azadpur