Does she need any checkup

One year ago one of my friend got physical with her boy friend,but her hymen was broken by fingers.After that she bleeded for 6 days during urinating and defecating and also when she lift heavy weight,she was not even able to walk properly for 3-4 days.She had pain for about 4 weeks.But after that everything became normal. I want to ask was it normal?Does she need any checkup or any test? Also i want to ask is there any medical test or something that can tell how many times a girl had sex?Or how much time ago her hymen was ruptured?

Doctor Answers (1) on Does she need any checkup

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, hymen membrane tearing after sexual intercourse (either by finger or penis or other means) will happen in all women (when indulge in a normal physiological sexual intercourse). Most of the times happens only once if she had successfull sexual intercourse. And it will heal with scar,, it does not cause any effect on the body (except loss of virginity). While looking at teared hymen you can tell only whether it is recent or past,, it won't tell you how many times she had intercourse. If she continuesly expericing pain then it could be due to tearing of other perineal muscles, consult a gynecologist in that regard.