Dipression

It is almost 4 years the father of my friend died due to cancer. From then on my friend started to have depression before he was ok. He is 40 years, unmarried. He never do anything without instruction, never talks, never ask for food, tea, snacks. If sleeps, he sleeps for 24 hours. Do not think of his responsibility. Never thinks of going for work and earning money to support the family. No sense of of shaving, hair cutting, toilet, bathroom.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dipression

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Consult nearest psychiatrist as he require detalied counseling session and he may require medications such as SSRI or tricyclic antidepressants... With that tell him to fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits....emotional support is important during this time...try to console him and make him do activities he will like the most.... good luck.