cardiologist-icon

Dilated cardiomyopathy

I'm diagnosed with dcm with a heart pumping of 15-20%. Currently I'm advised for some meds for few weeks till the heart beat improves. Should I go for eecp or angioplasty or continue with my meds

Hello there......, treatment of cardiomyopathy is aimed at treating the cause of heart failure whenever possible. Once diagnosed, the primary goal is to improve cardiac function and reduce symptoms. There are several medications to treat DCM. lifestyle changes can decrease symptoms and hospitalizations, and improve quality of life.... Follow the instructions given by your cardiologist......
Dr. Shailesh Jayade
Cardiologist 3 yrs exp Amravati
I think u continue medicines as advised for 2 weeks.. Once ur Cardiologist feels u r stable enough for angiography get ur angiography done.... In most cases angiography will be normal but its always better to get it once.. It will take time for ur heart to improve so that ur ejection fraction increases... Follow ur Cardiologists advice... Eecp as per me has no role at present..