Diagnosed with tuberculos
My wife is diagnosed with tuberculosis and first level medicines have been given to her. She was stable for first week but she is again getting high fever (upto 102 deg) daily during day time. 1 doctor has suggested to include streptomycin,clarithromycin and levoflox for 2 months but other says no. i m confused now.

Hi, Welcome to Practo First of all I wld like to knw detail of basis of diagnosis if TB. I agree with second doctor that adding any Medicine within 1week is not advisible. And fever wld usually subside after 2- 3week of treatment. And v add levoflox and other drug for MDR TB on which 1st level drug are not prescribed at all.