diabetes-icon

Diagnosed with high BS

My age is 36 years. I don't have any recent medical history. Yesterday in my company, one hospital setup the health check up camp. I checked my random blood sugar and that was 462 mg/dl. That was shocking to me as i am not feeling any symptom of hyperglycemia. Doctor suggest me to do BS- FF, BS- PP and HbA1C today. Fasting sugar is 281, BS - PP (2hours) is 317. HbA1C is 11.8% In family, My mother has diabetes. Have develop diabetes? Is it type2 diabetes? How can i manage this? What diet i have to follow? please suggest the treatment plan

Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Diabetologist 15 yrs exp Mumbai

You should consult a Diabetologist immediately

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Yes it does seem like you have developed diabetes. The treatment of diabetes is not like treating fever where you suggest paracetamol. Its more complex and cannot be done using this platform.  You need to consult a diabetologist in person for further evaluation and management.  You need to lower your salt intake and also avoid high glycemic foods like rice, coconut etc. Lose weight , Have a high fiber diet. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.