Diagnosed wid Dengue IgM+
My 10 yrs old daughter is diagnosed with Dengue IgM - (MAC) ELISA test result 14.5 OD and Dengue IgG ELISA test result 2.35 OD. Her Platelets Count is 2.25 lacs/ cu mm. Please suggest a suitable remedy.

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

Dengue needs caution when both igM and igG are positive..which we call secondary dengue.. which most commonly leads to complications.. Platelets are important but not everything in dengue management. Fluids are more important..keep her hydrated well and check BP regularly.
Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, yes she is dengue positive, and it is good that her platelets count is with in normal range. For dengue fever supportive measures that is , good hydration (plenty of water intake, fruit juice, ors solution) and controlling fever with paracetamol and regular platelet count check is what all needed. So please talk to your doctor regarding this