cardiologist-icon
Diabetic foot
My father's feet have turned dark, he is slowly losing sensation of his feet. Recently he has been complaining of abdominal pain around his liver. My father is type 1 diabetic and is consumes tobacco in various forms, pan beedi and cigarettes.

Hi...., Your father must have developed Diabetic neuropathy due to which his foot has turned black discoloration....Main treatment option is to keep blood glucose levels under good control through a combination of diet and medication so that the neuropathy does not worsen. Keeping blood glucose levels under control has been shown to improve symptoms and prevent worsening of the pain.....severe pain is managed by antidepressants and antiepileptics....Kindly consult Physician...

Hello there we understand your feeling and your father's condition too. But then it seems.like your father is at hith Rusk if he going to.continue his habits for long. You need to get him under control so that his complications won't gain on him. Take him to a local related doctor for intervention. Make him undergo liver function test. Loosing if sensation may be the Sign of neuropathy. Take him before its too late. Thank you